I always rush
To be on time
Moving from one thing to the next
But
I never stop
Just to enjoy the little things
I really do miss out
Simplicity is what makes
People happy
Simplicity is what makes
People smile
Simplicity is what makes
People realize
What a wonderful world this is
Why do you need
A bracelet of gold?
A yacht?
A 60 inch plasma screen TV?
When you have
Love and family
That alone
equals
Happiness
That was a really good poem. I liked when you explained how you don't need a yacht or a braclet, all you need is love and family. It was a very meaningfull poem. GOOD JOB!!!!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your poem Sarah!! This is so true. People buy things to try to get happiness, but you need to be around your family and friends and have good relationships to truly be happy. This is great!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis was an inspiring poem Sarah! I like your patterns in the 2nd stanza! And I agree with the other comments above all you do need is love. Nice Job!
ReplyDeleteAgreed 100% with everyone(: this poem is so inspiring. It makes me think of the things that other people have that I don't but then I think that I have amazing friends and family and they might not have that. Amazing work.
ReplyDelete:)